Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Volunteer Keeper Week 17

I am posting this late, I volunteered last Sunday which was September 30th. Due to the quarterly Family Get Together along with my work schedule, I wasn't able to post until now.



Basically, I got passed around to all the keepers who needed help - yup I was pimped out at the Zoo. Started on Baboon string with Debbie since LeiLani and Denise were out for the National AAZK Conference. Most of the day was actually spent helping Amy on Orangutan and Uco/AZ strings. I got to help with the Bear barn which I must say, had me a tad bit nervous for a few moments, only because I'm not very familiar with their night houses - and they are very large, intimidating animals who won't hesitate to demonstrate their strength to a puny human -especially if they sense fear. All went well though, and I had a very educational experience yet again. It's so great to be a part of all this :-)

.
...cute but I don't think I'd want one upset with me for being the stranger, poking around in his living quarters.

No comments: